Independence Day is here, and while some local towns have already held their July 4th festivities, there are still opportunities to enjoy fireworks today. The biggest celebration in the Tiftarea region takes place in Enigma, Berrien County, featuring vendors, activities, food, live music, and fireworks after dark. Fitzgerald in Ben Hill County also has a celebration with watermelon, hot dogs, music by Southern Confessional, and fireworks. Valdosta offers a fireworks show sponsored by the Valdosta-Lowndes County Parks and Recreation Authority, best viewed near the Valdosta Mall. Wild Adventures Theme Park in Valdosta continues its “Celebrate America Festival” with free admission for military personnel and fireworks at dark. Albany’s Independence Day Celebration includes DJ Planet X, musical performances, and fireworks at the Veterans Park Amphitheatre.
Celebration Times and Locations
- Enigma City Park, July 4th, starting at 11am
- Fitzgerald (Paulk Park), July 4th, starting at 6pm
- Valdosta, July 4th, starting at 9:15pm
- Valdosta (Wild Adventures Theme Park), July 4th, starting at “dark”
- Albany (Veterans Park Amphitheatre), July 4th, starting at 5pm